Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Top 10 of 21st Century : Honorable Mention #2



WALE "OVECHKIN" FOLARIN

Despite his under rated lyrics and musical style, we at F.O.U.R would like to inform you not to turn deaf ears... This D.C native is on the come up of potentially being one of the leaders of the new generation of rap. His demeanor and persona alone on the mic is for lack of a better word vicious; applying an original HipHop style, a "Go-Go" reminiscent flow, on hype or relaxing beats. With a keen ear in HipHop, you will easily pick up this artist's range and versatility (easily visible in his lyrics, and storytelling). Moreover, I personally would like to award Wale with the most improved artist award of the last decade; if you listen to "W.A.L.E.D.A.N.C.E" for example and than fast forward to the present with his latest mixtape "More About Nothing" you will definitely see the improvement and precision with his craft. His style and flow have become more unique and almost synonymous with his name; and being such an early point in his career displays his commitment, determination and grind.

Wale is truly an artist to be admired, and has many songs that the audio audiences can relate to... Wale has collaborated with artists such as KiD CuDi, J.Cole, K'naan, Talib Kweli, Beanie Sigel and Bun B; who have been on there individual musical journeys towards success. Having these additional collaborations positively contributes to his music and publicity. A Great quote from Wale is "I'm just a kid that likes to talk about reality... to be honest."

*FAVOURITE VERSES BY WALE*

Wale- The Problem
"Paint on my face, layin back rollin the J
Feelin like these rap niggas aint as real as they say
That's why I keep my friends limited, Keep them hoes interested
Resented by the game like I'm Pete Rose in this bitch
Ain't nothin stoppin us, tell u what the problem is
I'm on top of my game but these niggas won't acknowledge it
So a nigga hungry as a plastic hippopotamus
So stoppers better take it in the blood like a phlebotomist..."

Wale- The Eyes Of The Tiger
"Thinkin' wit my dick, My head in the clouds
Should of avoided my temptation instead of my vows
Now I may suffer my forever shit wit Elin
Let's put this shit to bed before this message gets the L-O..."


 Here is "The Extra-Trip" a revamped and refined version of "The Trip" off of "More About Nothing." Just a little something to bump while reading.



Wale - The Extra Trip (The Way To My Love) by Hypetrak


 If you have any comments or additional concerns on the post, comment below.
-Alonzo Petgrave




                                                                                                                                                        ©








4 comments:

  1. AHHH Waleee " My name wale, wale"

    Dis nigga goes in got the whole more about nothing mixtape

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never felt dude..shouldnt be here

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOK MA, NO HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDS! wale dope!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's been on his grind since 05. Listen to Mixtape about Nothing & Hate is the new love.. Classic Wale.

    ReplyDelete