Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Top 10 of 21st Century : Honorable Mention #3


October's Very Own.
To some Drake is recognized as a singer, to some an overrated rapper, but to us here at Four Drake is recognized as one of the most versatile artists in the game. With his undeniable appeal & grind he has emerged from the under dog he was once to one of the most recognized artists in the game. From Room for Improvement to So Far Gone you can see the evolution that has occurred in Drake. He went from a humorous yet smooth rap feel to speaking about problems that he faced throughout his years in the rap game, problems he faced in his personal life as well as problems in getting things to go his way. For example if you listen to Say Whats Real then fast forward to a song like the Resistance, you can see his maturity in making music that goes from a personal level to music that relates to his wide audience. 

As a listener you get the feel that Drake knows exactly what problems you are going through and how to go about solving them. With his music he creates an atmosphere that he made that one song specifically for you.

*FAVOURITE VERSES BY DRAKE*

Drake - The Resistance
"I'm still here with who I started with
The game needed life, I put my heart in it
I blew myself up, I’m on some martyr shit
Carried the weight for my city like a cargo ship
Yeah, I’m 23 with a money tree
Growing more too, I just planted 100 seeds
It’s ironic cause my mother was a florist and that's how she met my pops
And now my garden is enormous, it’s happening Penny Lane
I said it's happening Penny Lane
Just like you said I avoided the Coke game and went with Sprite instead
 That's word to the millions that they putting up
I’m trying to do better than good enough!"

Drake - Say What's Real
"Why do I feel so alone?
Like everybody passing through the studio
Is in character as if we acting out a movie role
Talking bullshit as if it was for you to know
And I don't have the heart to give these
Bitch ass niggas the cue to go
So they stick around kicking out feedback
And I entertain it as if I need that"

 As an artist he needed to make music that proved that he hadn't reached his limits yet, he did that in the making of Karaoke. Drake RnB at it's finest.


2 comments:

  1. isnt he already in the top 10 ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. if hes on the hnourable mention then obviously hes not on the top 10.. he doesnt deserve it yet.. when the likes of kanye jayz lupe common etc are up there

    ReplyDelete